Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bad Impressions and Valentine's Day Packages

So you know those people that just seem scared of missionaries? Well, we ran into one of them yesterday. I was on exchanges with Elder Capt (I've known him for awhile from back home) and we were walking to an investigator's house. We noticed an older lady walking the opposite direction, and so being the gentlemen that we are, we greeted her and asked how her day was going. Her response was, "Why are you so rude? You missionaries just attack me. You can't just walk by without talking to people. You don't respect me, you just attack me." After apologizing a couple hundred times, we walked away in wonder. It makes me wonder how many people out in the world have that impression, and I wonder what we, as missionaries, can do to help those people understand who we are and what we do.
Thankfully, I'm thankful. I received something at my door step a few days ago. It was my Valentine's Day package from my mother. Any missionary loves receiving mail, and it made my week. I love my mom. She is truly the best. I am so grateful for her, and for the example she is to me. Before my mission, she was running a family -which would include making us food, picking up kids, and dropping them off-, helping my dad in any way, shape, or form, magnifying her calling as a Relief society president, cleaning our house, and managing the family cabin at Sundance. She's still doing all of that, and taking care of a missionary out in the field. I love her, and I am so grateful for all she does. I love you Mom! Thank you for being the best mother ever. I can't wait to speak with you on Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being so wonderful, humble and willing to learn and see the blessings the Lord has is store even through the rejections. If you continue to serve the Lord and follow his commandments you will see that there are always more blessings, miracles and "silver linings" to your life. I am proud of you and love you so much too!

    ReplyDelete