Friday, March 21, 2014

Answering Prayers through the Spirit

So I know I've been slacking... but hey, I've been busy!

Miracles:

1) Sebahat, our Turkish investigator, got baptized on Sunday! What?! The best part is that she doesn't speak a lick of English, and that our translator is a 5 month convert himself. It really shows that even though we can't speak directly to her, the Spirit testifies at moments of truth.

2) I got transferred to an Office Elder. This is a miracle, (not because I got transferred -I'll miss my old area-) because with my sleep problems its a well-suited job. Being the Tech Nerd that I am, I do have a skill set that is great for this calling! Its also a miracle because two nights before the transfer meeting, someone else was going to be called to this position, until President received a prompting otherwise!

3) I now have more options that we are trying that may solve my sleep issues! We are seriously praying and considering every option we have. The Lord knows what I am going through, and He knows the best solution. You know, prayer is a simple thing that often gets overlooked. As I'm struggling with life in general, my first thought may include prayer. I dismiss thoughts like that too easily. How much more blessed would I be if I followed that prompting every time I was grateful or in need? Prayer is so amazing. When I'm in bed, and I can't get up in the morning, I say a prayer. Something as simple as, "Please help me have the strength to get up today." Miraculously enough, I get moving. I will always be grateful for prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment